A simple, free, and easy checking account.
- No minimum balance
- No fees or monthly charges
- Free VISA Check and ATM card
- Insured by NCUA to $250,000
- Earn dividends on balances of $300 and higher
- Counts towards your CU*Perks eligibility
- Flexible access through our branches, telephone banking, and It'sMe247 online & mobile banking
Reclaim your dreams for the future.
VISA Check and ATM Cards
As part of your DC Credit Union account, you are eligible to apply for a Visa Check and ATM Card. This card gives you convenient access to a worldwide network for merchants and ATMs, so you can make purchases, deposit checks and take out cash.
Use your card wherever Visa debit cards are accepted. And using your card regularly gets you closer to our CU*Perks program, where you get additional benefits as a member.
We all make mistakes, but we want to help you avoid those “uh-oh” moments. If you bounce a check or your balance falls below zero, Overdraft Protection will cover it. You can cover any overages on your checking account with funds from your Share Savings account. If you choose, you can also combine this with an Overdraft Protection Line of Credit. This line of credit, usually between $500 and $2000, is used to protect against overdrafts and subsequent fees. The funds are made available automatically when your checking account falls below zero.
Apply for an Overdraft Line of Credit online or email us to authorize Overdraft Protection from your Share Savings Account.
Time to reorder checks? It’s easy to do online. Visit our check reorder site and get new checks with just a few clicks.
Have your paycheck, social security, federal benefits, or retirement checks deposited directly into your
DC Credit Union account. It’s secure, easy and fast. Set it up with whoever issues your check. Our routing number is 254074455.
By using the right combination of DC Credit Union services, you’ll qualify for our CU*Perks member loyalty program. Perks include:
- Free ATM transactions
- Free shared branch transactions
- Free telephone transfers
- Free official checks
- Free money orders
- Special CU*Perks members-only offers
Enjoy 24/7 access with online banking
With our ItsMe247 online banking, you can easily access your accounts from wherever you are, when you need it. Transfer funds, deposit checks with your smartphone, pay bills online, and more.Learn more
Get the answers you’re looking for
Great question! There are multiple ways you can find out your balance:
- Log on to ItsMe247 online or mobile banking. You’ll not only find your balance but a list of all your transactions (even credits, like payroll, that are about to post).
- Call CU*Talk! Dial 877-784-5551, option 2 and follow the prompts to learn your balance (and much more!)
- Use an ATM machine and select balance inquiry. There is never a fee to make a balance inquiry.
- Call us at 877-784-5551 or visit a branch location.
To report your lost or stolen Visa® Check Card card, please call 877-784-5551 during business hours or call 800-754-4128 after hours.
In addition to the six DC Credit Union ATMs that can be found at our branches, you can also visit any Citibank branch and use their ATMs for free.
You also have access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMs nationwide, but please note that DC Credit Union charges a foreign ATM fee to use these machines. If you qualify for CU*Perks we waive this fee. Learn how to qualify for CU*Perks
Call us at 877-784-5551, option 1 to speak to a Member Service Representative who will assist you.