You can get pre-approved immediately! Submit an application online or call us at 877-784-5551, option 1. Pre-approval gives you an edge when negotiating a sales price with the dealer. It’s like cash on hand!
The most common reason for refinancing your loan is to lower your interest rate. If rates have fallen since you got your loan, refinancing could save you money. You may also be able to lower your monthly payment, either by lowering your interest rate or by extending the term of repayment. Give us a call at 877-784-5551 to speak with a loan officer and we’ll calculate your potential savings.
We understand that applying for a car loan with limited or no credit history can be frustrating. We’d suggest applying with a co-signer. Co-signers agree to be equally responsible for repayment, and their excellent credit history can support your lack of established credit.
Another option is to begin with a smaller loan amount to establish a repayment history. Along with other factors, we take a large down payment and a smaller loan request into consideration. Additional factors may include:
- A long-term employment history
- A shorter repayment term
- Other established sources of payment history, such as a long-term apartment rental, or established repayment on a utility bill
We’re happy to sit down with you to review your request and make recommendations that may help you obtain your first auto loan.
Yes! Login to your eZCard account to review your credit card statements and pay your bill online.
If you have a credit score below 550, it can be tough to reestablish credit and improve your score. DC Credit Union offers Credit Builder Loans to members who already have a DC Credit Union checking account, a source of income, and who have successfully borrowed from us before. This may include one of our Shared Secured Visas, with limits starting at $500. We won’t deny you because of your credit score.
To transfer your existing balances from other credit cards to your DC Credit Union Visa, fill out our balance transfer form and bring it to your nearest branch. There is no fee for transferring your balance.
Please allow three weeks for us to process your balance transfer. Watch for payments to show up as credits on your other credit card statements. If the credit brings the balance to zero, you may cancel those accounts. We will not close accounts for you. Finances charges will be calculated on your average daily balance at the purchase rate stated in our Visa agreements. Call us at 202-673-3625 for more details.
We do not. But we’ll help you save for a 5% down payment, which protects ownership of your home should property values decrease. We can also connect you with down payment assistance programs.
The interest rate depends on the program you will use to purchase or refinance. Check out the latest rates.
It will take between 20 and 30 minutes to fill out the online application. Be sure you have gathered all of the necessary information (see question above) to streamline the process.
- Your current addresses for the past two years
- Social security numbers for all borrowers
- Your employment history for the past two years. (Employer(s) name, address and phone number.)
- Income information for all borrowers. You’ll be asked to include salary, overtime, bonuses, commissions, interest/dividend, retirement income and any other regular source of income.
- The price of the home you are buying, and how much you’d like to borrow toward the purchase.
- The address of the property you are planning to purchase.
- Bank and brokerage account information, including the institution name and current balances.
- If you own any real estate, we’ll have some basic questions including, address, current market value, the amount you owe, the rental income you receive (if any), and what your monthly payment is.
- Information about your current debts. We’ll ask for the name of the creditor, the account number, the current balance owing and the amount of your monthly payment.
New Americans Loan Program
Must be currently applying for Citizenship Status, as well as pay a $20 application fee. If you live in VA or MD, you must process the application through CARECEN or Casa De Maryland.
Payments and Interest Rates
Yes! Simply login to our It’sMe247 online banking portal to make your loan payments online. You can also check your loan balances, and set up auto pay to make monthly payments even simpler.
The interest rate depends on your credit score. That is why reclaiming your credit is so important! Check out today’s personal loan rates
That will depend on your creditworthiness. One of our loan specialists will determine the best rate for your credit situation.
Yes, we have loans for all purposes!