Get tips, promotions and updates delivered right to your inbox.
- Deals and promotions that can save you money
- Helpful information about volunteer elections and our annual meeting
- Important dates and reminders
- Consumer protection tips
From our October issue
Identity theft tips
Identity theft occurs when someone uses personal information without your permission — like your name, Social Security number or credit card number — to commit fraud or other crimes. The Federal Trade Commission estimates that as many as 9 million Americans have their identities stolen each year. While nothing can guarantee that you won’t become a victim of identity theft, you can minimize your risk and minimize the damage if a problem develops
- Protect Yourself Protect your Social Security number
- Shred statements and other documents
- Be on guard when using the Internet
- Select intricate passwords
- Verify the source before sharing information
- Store information in secure locations
Download the full issue below to read more.